CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD OUR INITIAL ASSESSMENT INTAKE PAPERWORK
This will save you a few minutes in our office!
Initial Assessment Paperwork PDF
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Hover over any question below to reveal the answer.
- Our initial chiropractic functional analysis is $180 and will take approximately 45-minutes to complete from start to finish. Upon completion, the chiropractors will use their clinical judgement to decide on whether or not you need to be sent for x-rays. Depending on the amount of views we need to see of your spine, x-rays can range from $60 – $180. Following the exam and any necessary x-rays, we will design a custom care plan just for you. Don’t let price be a deterrent, at The Source we make sure people get the care they need.
- We recommend that children be checked from birth – (our current patients who are with us during their pregnancy receive a complimentary at home adjustment within the first two weeks of their birth and a complimentary newborn “welcome to earth” check as well). All births whether long or short, natural, assisted or cesarean can put a lot of pressure on your baby’s spinal cord and nervous system. Even the baby’s position in the womb can have an early effect on spinal alignment. When these tiny infants begin to grow, learn to crawl, and eventually walk, freshly developed motor patterns often lead to numerous slips/falls, bumps, and bruises. Chiropractic adjustments are crucial to helping keep kids in alignment through these fast changing years.
- Absolutely. We have special pillows and tables to create ease for pregnant women to get adjusted throughout all stages of pregnancy. Getting adjusted can create better birth outcomes, easier, faster labors, and optimal positioning and nerve supply for baby as he/she grows and develops. Got pain? Chiropractic care can help prevent discomfort like sciatica and round ligament pain for mommies whose bodies are changing too.
- Not all adjustments create a “crack.” However, the audible sound commonly produced during traditional chiropractic adjustments is the release of gas (nitrogen) from synovial joints. This gas can be built up from aberrant biomechanics associated with vertebral subluxations. Also released are various chemicals which reduce muscle tension, create a sense of ease in the body as well as increase the immune function.
- A subluxation is when one or more bones of the spine have increased tension or compression and cause interference to the communication of the nerve system and other structures. When the nerves are in an irritated state they can cause symptoms such as: pain, heat, swelling, tenderness, tingling, burning, and numbness. If you are experiencing these symptoms, you may be suffering from a very correctable subluxation.
- Yes! we see patients who experience benefits from migraines, numbness, stomach issues, even multiple sclerosis and Parkinson’s. In 1895, the first chiropractic patient was a deaf man who had his hearing restored from a chiropractic adjustment. The adjustor, DD Palmer, thought he had found the cure for deafness. However, as he began to adjust more and more deaf people, he quickly realized that he did not have the cure for deafness, but that his adjustments were having a tremendous effect on the nerve system. Every organ, muscle, and tissue in your body has nerve supply, and nerves originate from your spine! A healthy spine = a healthy nerve system.
- Our care should only be utilized for as long as it is serving you to become a better, healthier, and more vibrant you. Typically, patients do choose to stay with us for general well-being care because they like the way they feel and function following a chiropractic adjustment. We understand that maintaining an interference free nervous system with optimal communication and connection is essential for health throughout a lifetime.